24.7.10

Alethea Austin X-Pole Workhshop

I was lucky enough to get a space on X-Pole's Master Class workshop with Alethea Austin on Sunday 18th July 2010, held at Spin City in Bristol.  Spin City Pole Fitness (http://www.spincitypolefitness.com/ ) is run by the lovely Kate Johnstone, who is herself and incredible and accomplished dancer.

I was welcomed by her lovely team, and we then enjoyed (!!!) a 90 minute floorwork session, where we did extreme stretching, floor exercises, and were taught by Alethea how to use every muscle in our bodies to make beautiful shapes and move from pole to pole and around the floor.  It was intense but amazing, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed doing so much work without even touching a pole. 

We were also lucky enough to have Chantelle Pritchard (British Isles Champion 2009) in our group, and it was awesome to watch her pulling her toes over her head while some of us (me!) struggled with our splits training!

We had an amazing day, and I learnt lots and gained lots of new bruises.  I'm looking forward to doing further training, particularly with Kate and her team, who are fabulous!

Let me know if you'd like to be included in any future workshops at Spin City :)

Alethea and I


Chantelle and I

An exhausted team at the end of our 3 hours

No comments: