30.9.10

AMAZING KAREN CHAUNDY MASTER CLASS!!!!

For those of you who weren't able to make it on Sunday, I thought I'd pop a few pictures on here so you can see what we were up to! 

Karen is an incredible pole athlete, and - dare I say it - an even better teacher.  All of us had an amazing hour with her, and I hope everyone learnt alot!  I certainly learnt the pain of the pole burn all over again!! 

We started the day being warmed up and prepared ready for Karen's wisdom, and she started us off with some nice dips and spins round the pole, warming up our shoulders and legs.  For those who aren't familiar with her work, Karen's style is really gymnastic, and she works alot with her feet (think chinese pole climbing).  So, we had our first introduction to 'foot climbing'.  As ever, it is a LOT more difficult than the wonderful Karen makes it look! 

We moved flawlessly onto some much harder moves, including the Flying K - one that I unfortunately didn't master on the day (but will be practising practising practising!!!) but that looks incredible!  I was so proud of and impressed by my girls, they picked things up SO quickly and were so graceful and beautiful - you guys ROCK!!!!!

I'm hoping to show lots of the moves Karen taught in your lessons over the next few week.  If anyone wants to see more pictures, just let me know!

My sincere thanks to Sharon and Simon for helping to fund this incredible day.  We are hoping that many more will follow after Christmas, so definitely be ready!!!



No comments: