2.10.08

Week 2 update

It’s my second night of teaching tonight, and I have a strange suspicion that I could be teaching the warm-up….in our 3 hour teacher-training session on Tuesday night we each had to ‘take’ the group through the warm-up. Have you ever done 4 warm-up sessions one after the other? I know it sounds easy – “aaah, just a warm up, few nice stretches…” but believe me, after the third set of push-ups and sit-ups you’re just about ready to give up – and that’s before you’ve even set foot on a pole!

We were also shown more advanced upside down moves. Jeepers. I thought I was pretty impressive having got the hang of the basic upside down (just getting up there was hard enough) but now….now I’m a little scared! Scared, but so determined it’s almost laughable. Tori has blisters on her hands and feet from practising so hard and has now been banned from Tuesday night practice! Now that’s dedication for you. I’m trying to follow suit – after some chores and a mammoth food shop last night, I was on the pole at half 9, hanging upside down by my inner thighs and cursing as I whacked my ankle bone on the pole for the second time.

But when you get it right…and you KNOW it’s right…there’s no better feeling. Worth the bruises? Hell yeah.

No comments: